8 Ways To Purify The Air At Home This Diwali
Oct 17, 2017
One of the most basic human needs for leading a healthy lifestyle is clean air. While most of us recognize the importance of protecting ourselves from the pollution outdoors, awareness of the indoor air quality is not much known. You may be having a bad air day every day, and you don’t even know it.
Think about it. On an average working day, we spend 90 percent of our time indoors, home or office. That is why, it is important for us to understand and how to purify and maintain clan air indoors. Take a deep breath and read on a few simple, cost friendly ways of bettering the air quality at your home.
1. Proper ventilation – Opening the windows to welcome fresh air from outside is simple, but only effective if you live in countryside with less traffic and pollution. If that’s not the case, outdoor air may still contain pollutants that you don’t want in your living spaces. It can do more harm than good. Instead, consider installing trickle vents to purify the air you breathe indoors.
2. Beeswax candles – If you love to fill your living spaces with scented candles, beeswax candles are your friend. Unlike paraffin candles that are petroleum derived and release soot into the air, beeswax candles burn with almost no smoke. They not only improve the air quality at home, but also burn slower and last longer. These candles are especially beneficial to those with asthma or allergies by removing common allergens like dust from the air.
3. Indoor plants – Plants literally are our life saviors. From helping us breathe better to rejuvenating our spirits and living spaces, the health benefits of plants are many. Certain houseplants are better at eliminating and safeguarding against significant amounts of benzene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene than others. The best plants to filter toxins from the air are Peace Lily, Bamboo Palm, Dragon Tree, Boston Fern, Ficus, among others.
4. Air Purifier – Getting an air purifier is one of the sure shot ways of cleaning up the air in your living spaces. Not only do they eliminate air pollutants, but also give you peace of mind. An air purifier is particularly beneficial if someone in your family has asthma or any other allergy.
5. Air out new furniture – When you buy a new sofa, armchair or a dining set, it will emit VOCs. These are volatile organic compounds that linger in the air, and are found in things like glues, paints, fabrics and more. To eliminate these VOCs from your indoor air, allow them to escape. If you don’t have an outdoor area to air out furniture, you can keep the windows open most of the day for a few months.
6. Essential oils –Some essential oils, such as cinnamon, oregani, rosemary, thyme, grapefruit lemon, clove, etc, have antibacterial properties and can reduce airborne bacteria as well. You can add it to soaps, detergents for fresher, cleaner air indoors.
7. Fix leaks – Heavy rains, high humidity can bring moisture indoors, which can result in mold and mildew. It is imperative to fix those leaks as soon as possible to catch moisture and route moisture away from your home or office.
8. Keep your pets groomed – Our furry little friends are a constant source of joy to us. But if not properly groomed, they can contribute to the reduced air quality at home. Pet owners would be well aware of pet dander, found nearly everywhere in a home with pets. Be sure to keep dander to a minimum by cleaning and grooming them regularly, and vacuuming floors furnishings at regular intervals with a good quality vacuum cleaner.
Some of the other measures one can take are to take shoes off before you get inside the home. This will help not only keep the air inside cleaner, but also your floors. Also, smoking indoors is a strict no-no. Not only does it expose other to passive toxins, but also brings down the quality of indoor air considerably.
By making little changes to your lifestyle and investing in the right household equipment, you can breathe easy and enjoy 100% Sampurna Suraksha from environmental pollution.
Know more about our Best-Selling Water Purifiers & Air Purifiers:
Leave a Reply
10 diseases that are caused by water pollution and what you can do!
Has Water Purifier Become an Absolute Necessity in India? May Be Yes!
5 Simple Celebrity Morning Habits That Will Transform Your Body for Good!
What is Water Therapy & Its Benefits? Everything You Need to Know
5 Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Water After Consuming a Fruit!